With working at height being the leading cause of work related fatalities and responsible for thousands of serious injuries every year, it is crucial that all working at height activities are properly planned and undertaken by competent persons.
- To introduce you to legal framework surrounding working at height
- To look at the common causes of injuries resulting from working at height
- To introduce you to the hierarchy of control and demonstrate how it can be used to keep you safe when working at height
- To look at the most common types of working at height equipment used in the construction industry.
From this course all delegates will understand the Work at Height Regulations 2005, work at height means work in any place where, if precautions were not taken, a person could fall a distance liable to cause personal injury.
Delegates will also have an understanding of the hazards associated with working at height, which include;
- Dropping objects/ materials from height
- Contact with overhead services
- Access equipment toppling
- Access equipment collapsing / failing
- Falling off
- Falling through.
This is a half day course.
The course can be undertaken at one of our network of training centres or at your premises*
The course is a combination of classroom based theory, including a multiple choice exam, followed by a practical session involving the fitting/inspection of body harnesses and the use/inspection of steps & ladders.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, although the ability to communicate in English along with a basic understanding of workplace safety would be beneficial.
On competition attendees will receive a in-house certificate which is valid for 3 years.
For more information, or to book please call our team on 0121 706 0851
Did you know?
- No. of days: 1/2 Day 9AM
- Max delegates: 16
Total Training’s courses are designed with our trainees in mind. That is why we offer flexibility on all of our training course dates.
Get in touch with us to book a date that suits you.Contact us