An underground service strike can lead to an injury or loss of life and costs to your business can be substantial! We’ve developed this course to help you minimise the risk and to demonstrate how you can deal with potential incidents.
Did you know? On average there are 12 deaths and 600 serious injuries attributed to contact with the electricity network per year.
Service strikes have a high potential to cause serious harm. In addition to human cost, the financial impact could have a detrimental affect on your business. The HSE estimates that the average cost to these and other uninsured losses can be 10 times the amount of insurance premium paid for the same period. This course is for those working in the construction and utility sector.
- Who is responsible for Health and Safety on site
- How to understanding and use permits to dig
- Understanding HS25 As laid Service Record Sheet
- How to avoid underground Services
- How you might come in contact with buried services
- Contact with Electricity Cables
- Contact with Gas Pipes
- Contact with Water Pipes
- Contact with Telecommunications Cables
- Contact with Street Light Cables
- Consequences i.e. Explosions, Death and Lawsuits.
This is a one day course.
The course is held at our Bickenhill training ground.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, although the ability to communicate in English along with a basic understanding of workplace safety would be beneficial.
In-House Certificate, valid for 3 years.
For more information, or to book please call our team on 0121 706 0851
- Max delegates: 6
Total Training’s courses are designed with our trainees in mind. That is why we offer flexibility on all of our training course dates.
Get in touch with us to book a date that suits you.Contact us