Train with our industry experienced trainers for NRSWA Streetworks Units 2 for Operatives.
Our NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting and Guarding course teaches delegates how to carry out daily tasks in lighting and guarding systems.
The Unit 2 course is for anyone who wants to physically set up signing, lighting and guarding equipment on the streets.
It will enable you to take adequate measures to minimise any inconvenience to the general public, and to maintain a safe environment for the public, pedestrians, vehicles and members of the streetworks team.
If you would like to be qualified to supervise others setting up equipment you will need the NRSWA Unit 10
This course will cover:
- Producing a plan of an intended site showing the position of signs, guarding and traffic signals. The plan must include all relevant distances, sizes, and dimensions required.
- Producing a list of equipment for the intended site.
- Positioning, test, adjust, commission and decommission temporary traffic signals.
- Conducting the activities safely wearing the appropriate safety wear.
Equipment to bring on the day:
You will be learning on a live site during your course. Therefore, you will be required to wear protective clothing. Requirements vary by location, and some centres can be more accommodating but typically you are required to bring:
- Fluorescent Jacket Long-sleeve
- Overalls/Work Clothes (shorts not allowed)
- Safety Boots
- Waterproof Clothing
- Ear Defenders
- Hard Hat
- FFP3 Dust Mask
If you do not have access to any of this equipment/clothing please call our team on 0121 706 0851 and let us know
Our NRSWA Unit 2 courses are accredited by SWQR and upon completion of your course you will be awarded your Streetworks card.
- No. of days: 1 Day
- Min delegates: 4
- Max delegates: 8