This course is designed to train operatives in the use of the CAT (Cable Avoidance Tool) and Genny (Signal Generator).
The aim of this course is to:
- Introduce you the various types of buried services which may be encountered during the course of your work
- Provide you with an appreciation of the dangers which these buried services pose
- Demonstrate the steps which can be taken to help protect you and your colleagues from accidental contact with these services you.
What You’ll Cover
- Identification of Buried Services
- Legal Duties
- Damaging Services (How to avoid)
- Contact with Electricity Cables, Telecommunications, Gas Pipes, Water Pipes and Street Lights
- Planning Works
- Scanning Methods
This is a half day course
The course can be undertaken at one of our network of training centres or at your premises*
The course is a combination of classroom based theory, including a multiple choice exam, followed by a practical session involving the use of the CAT & Genny to identify a range of buried services
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, although the ability to communicate in English along with a basic understanding of workplace safety would be beneficial.
As the practical session will be undertaken on a real footpath, delegates are required to provide their own high visibility vest or jacket.
Certificate of Attendance awarded, which is valid for 3 years.
For more information, or to book please call our team on 0121 706 0851
- No. of days: 1/2 Day
- Max delegates: 16